Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

October 2024 Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I let way too much stuff pile up.

100824-1.jpg 100824-2.jpg
I surprisingly won this for about $35, well under my max bid. Usually one or two other Dilfer collectors would bid this up but for some reason not this time. Meanwhile a 1/1 from the same timeframe that had been on eBay for a while because my best offers were auto-rejected ended up selling for a bit more than I would pay for something like that. So it's not like any competition has disappeared.

100824-3.jpg
'90s goodies - a Grieve '98 Tek Diffractor, 1998 Leaf Fractal Diamond Axis 39/50 Matt Stairs (2 more to finish the team set but one is Canseco), and a 1999 Omega Copper 51/99 Tejada completes the team set.

100824-4.jpg
A 2007 Topps Cyan Plate for my Xavier Nady collection, from somebody that found my website and contacted me. 2010 Topps Cap Logo/99 Brett Anderson took forever to track down for whatever reason. And a 2011 Topps Commemorative Patch Reggie Jackson finishes up my A's needs from 2010-2012 when Topps put a lot of stuff like this in blasters.

100824-5.jpg
Some neat-o recent refractors.

100824-6.jpg
1993 Oakland Athletics Dream Team cards were inserted in 8-card sheets in two issues of the official A's team magazine and can be tough to find. I have an intact magazine with half the set, but of course that's the less-expensive guys. I was able to win half of the other sheet (with the expensive guys!) and cut it down right here. I also lucked into a McGwire cheap on COMC, waiting for that to arrive. Just need to locate two more to finish this one off. Beckett doesn't catalog it so I didn't know about them until a few years ago.

100824-7.jpg
Lastly, thanks to @Philip J. Fry for sending some great cards over the last few weeks, including these.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I stopped seriously chasing the signed trophy cards, as it got ridiculous with all the huge names that have been on the teams, combined with the fact that base Topps seems to have lost preference with autograph seekers and that newer players are obscenely expensive now. Used to be you could get the average players for a few bucks, now it seems everyone wants $10+ for current scrubs! I'd be happy to have the first 40 years complete, but a guy named Thurman Munson has made that dream a little tricky. Not to mention a guy name Jeter, which I failed to capture when it might have still been a possibility for under $100!

Anyway, I will still buy them here and there if I can find a deal. I have no fantasy about filling in all the missing gaps, but Iaa still like the trophy cards and especially signed copies. This is my latest.
A Garcia.png

Will always be a sucker for 60s-80s Viking cards. Especially those with game action photos and not the boring poses Topps cornered the market with during that time frame.
Yary.png

Members online

Latest posts