Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's New Dodgers Autograph Thread (and other interesting items on a slow mailday)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A couple Garvey autos. Chrome /50 and a 60/199.
Garv chrome 50.pnggARVEY 60-199.png

Got this Banty. He did 2, one LA and one Brooklyn. I can't recall which one I won before, so this either completes the set or I paid dearly for a dupe! These 52s are popular, plus i have to battle other Garvey collectors.
Garvey Banty.png

This is my exciting win of the week. 1970 Pepsi Dodgers clinic program. That is cool by itself, but also signed by Sandy Vance, Billy G and Red Adams. I can't get enough of anything Dodger/Pepsi!
Dod Pepsi.png

rangers311

Mar 31, 2018
Little Poison, Lloyd Waner. View attachment 358596

Bryan Hudson from new Topps set. Already moved on... Modern scrub pitchers are the death of team auto collectors!
View attachment 358597
very true about the modern day pitchers. I know I will have a tough time getting a Gerson Garabito (debuted a month or so ago) autograph on a Rangers card or custom because he has no cards other than a couple minor league cards.

It's what makes the chase fun though!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
One of my best mail days in quite some time.

Garvey /5
Garvey 5 DLP.png

Garvey Super Pack. I have a couple of these from 1980 that I got a long time ago. This popped up BIN and although I am not too sure of these, I snapped it up.
Garvey Super Pack.png
Casey Stengel
Stengel mrm.png

Rollins /5
Rollins 5.png

Drew /10
JD Drew 10.png

Jackson /31
E Jackson 31.png

Outman
Outman .png

A pair of photo packs (20 each
Dodger Team photo lot mrm.png

Teoscar
Teoscar.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Just one in today, but I am pretty excited about it. This was a lot of 1978 JJH Reading Remembers cards. The set is 23 cards and are oversized (3" x 4"). I would have liked to have a full set just because I like small oddball sets, but these have been a bit of a bear to find and whenever I found any, it seems I lost out. A lot of 11 popped up recently and I went after it a little more aggressively than I have in past attempts, because I am tried of waiting to land the elusive Carl Furillo card. Roger Maris, Robin Roberts, Vic Wertz, Herb Score along with FB player Lenny Moore are probably the only other cards of general interest from the set, the rest likely only appealing to specialty collectors.

If anyone is looking for other singles, let me know. I am not married to the rest of the lot, otherwise it goes into a pile for future collection liquidation.

Furillo Reading.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey /10
Garvey 10.png

Garvey /25. Was not advertised as numbered, let alone to /25, but I knew blue was not the base. Got a great deal
Screen Shot 2024-08-21 at 6.25.15 PM.png

Furillo 53B Au. Dark background for sign, but its there.
Furillo 53B.png

Hanley Ramirez /15
Ramirez 15.png

Kuo /400
Kuo 400.png

Finally landed a 2nd copy of this set, as I have been doing since 2007. Still need 2 of the sealed 2006 set though, have at least 2 sealed of every year issued 2007-2024. I probably said it with the first set, but the idiot that designed this packaging with a long bubble thast allows the cards to move freely needs to be fired!

24 Dod set.png

Dodgerfan74

Oct 6, 2008
I have not purchased cards in CA in quite a long time. Not sure what you were referring to in this case. Nearly everything I get is via ebay nowadays.
“Back from a trip to CA for some relaxation and sun. Going to need a couple posts to capture it all.”
I thought you meant you bought some cards in California
Actually should have asked “ did you go in California “

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Question
How do you display your cards?
“Back from a trip to CA for some relaxation and sun. Going to need a couple posts to capture it all.”
I thought you meant you bought some cards in California
Actually should have asked “ did you go in California “
I really don't display much. After seeing card shops with cases and faded stuff, I keep it mostly boxed up. I will go through boxes from time to time, which adds some fun, as I will often forget what I have picked up over the years. I always wanted to do up a room with displays (interior, no windows), but never had the right space. Maybe once I retire, if we decide to move, I can find a decent house with the right space. However, I will probbaly be looking to start moving stuff then too.

I went to Carlsbad on my trip. I actually did pop into a card store I found in town and chatted with the guy working there for a bit, but it is a typical new store. Sterile, pristine orderly displays with mostly new, sparkly stuff, high end boxes, room/tables/TVs to bring people in for games, events and such (this makes places loud and crowded often). No fun, oddball stuff and bargain bins for collectors to look through. i love the old hobby shops where the "old guy" had stacks of crap piled everywhere and shelves were loaded with random stuff that didn't seem to go together. They are great places for treasure hunting and are run by people who just love collecting. The new shops are profit machines, or at least that is what they appear like to me. Some rich guy owns them and sits back and collects the cash as hourly employees tend to the till.

Members online

Latest posts