Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's New Dodgers Autograph Thread (and other interesting items on a slow mailday)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I keep winning these cheap!Garvey FF.png

This upgrades my auto to a Dodger cardHurt 89.png

Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 6.12.13 PM.pngW Davis Foxy.png

I am going to count this as a hopeful future maybe. I see the Dodgers picked up his contract and he is with their AA Tulsa minor league affiliate. Hoping he makes the big club roster at some point. These were extremely cheap, given the serial numbers. I think I spent less than $10 for all 3, with shipping. It's a small gamble, since I do have a ton of Dodger minor leaguers that never played for the big club as well.

/10, /15 & /25. Austin Beck

Beck 25 15 10.png

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Beck was a real dud first round pick for the A's, he never amounted to much and when it was his last season to show some kind of hope, he got injured and was out all year. He might be able to put it together (especially in a minor league system a lot better at developing prospects than the A's) but I wouldn't hold my breath.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey 60/99. Uniform number variant I collect.
Garvey 60-99.png
Base auto version of this. I just saw a /10 and the /25 as well. Probably a 1/1 too, but I don't hold out hope of winning those anymore.
Garvey 89 Au.png
Snider. Always liked this phone card and kept losing out. Finally won one.
Snider.png

Hurt
Hurt Stars.png
Madlock /79
mADLOCK 79.png

Gonzalez /49
A Gonzalez 49.png

Thought this was lost to Standard trading card FAKE tracking, as it showed delivered 6/21. Finally actually delivered today 7/6!
Busch MIA.png

Gordon
Gordon.png

Dodger 69T Poster
Dodgers poster.png
Lot of Blue Crew items. Don't see this stuff as often as I would expect, as it was the kids club from the 90s/00s. This is just one of a dozen or more pieces total. Posters, stickers, postcards, etc.
Blue Crew 5 lot.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Beck was a real dud first round pick for the A's, he never amounted to much and when it was his last season to show some kind of hope, he got injured and was out all year. He might be able to put it together (especially in a minor league system a lot better at developing prospects than the A's) but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Haha. Not holding my breath for any prospect. But, even if he makes it into 1 game, I have to add him, so pretty low risk here as he already is a MiLB Dodger.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Something I had never seen before, a 1977 Little League program with Garvey gracing the cover. Gratuitous, but I'll take it. Garvey was a Little Leaguer himself, but not in Anaheim.

Garvey LL.png

A team issued/wire photo from the early days.
Garvey Photo.png

2nd copy of this card and it was also sans case. Maybe they sold some of these w/o the one touch? Seems off that this particular card would be stripped of its case twice, but maybe it originated from the same owner? Green /17.
Green 17.png

Lofton got a lot of Dodger autograph love lately. Enough to water down the choices (and cost), which I appreciate. Before the buybacks and such, he was a pretty tough auto to chase down. Not so much anymore. This one is /199.
Lofton 199.png

Claude Osteen RC. Have always liked this one, despite he is a Red. He would not have a Dodger card for another 6 years or so.
Screen Shot 2024-07-08 at 5.37.43 PM.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not sure I am all that excited about it, but Garvey seems to be jam-packed into the latest Leaf offering, sans logos and such. Several different autographed cards, which I will chase harder than those stupid multi-player, little to no player image GU mega dump cards. I can now be choosier with what I will chase and not feel bad anymore. This is the first to arrive, /4
Garvey 4.png

Russell Martin Bowman buyback /96
Martin 96.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey/Jackson /12
Garvey Jackson 12.png

Garvey /54
Garvey 54.png

Have always really liked the 76 Topps design and the retro cards really stand out for me too. I think this is one of only a few retro 76T autos I have. I know I have a few from Fan Favorite sets, like Lopes and V Castilla among others, but I don't think i had any Signature Archives until now.

Wong /22
Wong 22 mrm.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey /10. Screen Shot 2024-07-11 at 6.01.58 PM.png

A very yellowed, but still cool Piazza. I noticed some of mine starting to yellow and they were stored in a box, so no sun or smoke exposure. Just the type of plastic used I guess. To those not familiar, these were clear plastic when issued.
Piazza Leaf Star.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The 25 has arrived. I think this completes the run, unless something between 1 and 10 exists.
Garvey 25.png

I got this game just for the small rule book. Can anyone guess why?

Owner was a smoker though. Love opening a box or mailer and get blasted by stale cigarette smoke. Disgusting. Time to air the thing out and hope for the best. If you smoke and sell stuff, YOU NEED TO DISCLOSE THIS. Its as bad as a crease or other physical flaw. Sometimes stuff is even yellowed from the smoke.
gARVEY pENNANT race.png

Another Dodger Blue Crew lot, with poster, postcard, etc.
Dodger Blue lOT.png

Finally, this is a cool card I didn't recall until seeing it. Love the OPCs that vary greatly from their Topps counterparts. Also collect older Mariner autos, so this was a double score. Since he played for the Dodgers too, triple score!
Paciorek.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey /50
Garvey 50.png

Garvey DK, unnumbered. Thought they were all serial numbered, but this is the same set that Panini still owes me 3 autograph redemptions (all numbered) from 2020! Seriously, WTF? This is the exact reason why redemptions need to be abolished for good unless it is a card they have no excuse not to get and if they can't, heavy penalty for violating the redemption.
Garvey DK.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Put the items in a sealable plastic tub with some Bounce dryer sheets for several days. It'll take care of the smoke smell.
I'll have to try that. Right now I have all the pieces and parts sitting out in a room. That seems to work well with single cards.

Members online

Latest posts