Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*wanted* wiling to pay top dollar and won’t low ball. 1998 Fleer Tradition Classic 63 Parallels #/63 Lot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbelsosoem

Apr 21, 2024
Utah
Hello all….new to this blog but figured I’d give it a shot because everyone here seems super knowledgeable and friendly!

I am not a big collector of cards to be honest but my brother right before he passed away gave me a 1998 fleer vintage classic Mickey mantle (55 out of 63) and I thought it was pretty cool and started doing research on it. He told me it was rare and a very hard collection to put together. Boy, was he right! He passed away the next week unfortunately due to a drunk driver. Ever since that happened I have been trying to put the whole set of all 126 cards (serial numbered) together for a tribute and his legacy . It might be just to keep my mind occupied and distracted from what happened but either way I feel it’s something I have to do no matter how long it takes. We were very close and this just happened not to long ago on New Year’s Eve. I didn’t realize how hard this would be until I started doing my research. I have bought all the ones on eBay that I could but there’s not many out there. If anyone has any that they would like to sell, I’d be more than interested and wouldn’t try and low ball you. It’s not about the money more than the feeling of having to accomplish this for him and I know he would be proud of me. I’ve never put any set of cards together in my life so this is all new to me. I’m more of a coin guy gold and silver is my game so a little overwhelmed. Anyway, sorry for the novel and if you did take the time to read this and can help in anyway, please message me. It pull be greatly appreciated 🙏……

And to my brother, if some magical way you’re looking down and seeing this, know I love you and miss you so much everyday. I will get this set together if it’s the last thing I do or until my last breath is taken, I won’t ever stop looking and trying. I hope I can make you proud. I’ll make sure to give it to your daughters before I leave this earth and come see you wherever that may be.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Hello all….new to this blog but figured I’d give it a shot because everyone here seems super knowledgeable and friendly!

I am not a big collector of cards to be honest but my brother right before he passed away gave me a 1998 fleer vintage classic Mickey mantle (55 out of 63) and I thought it was pretty cool and started doing research on it. He told me it was rare and a very hard collection to put together. Boy, was he right! He passed away the next week unfortunately due to a drunk driver. Ever since that happened I have been trying to put the whole set of all 126 cards (serial numbered) together for a tribute and his legacy . It might be just to keep my mind occupied and distracted from what happened but either way I feel it’s something I have to do no matter how long it takes. We were very close and this just happened not to long ago on New Year’s Eve. I didn’t realize how hard this would be until I started doing my research. I have bought all the ones on eBay that I could but there’s not many out there. If anyone has any that they would like to sell, I’d be more than interested and wouldn’t try and low ball you. It’s not about the money more than the feeling of having to accomplish this for him and I know he would be proud of me. I’ve never put any set of cards together in my life so this is all new to me. I’m more of a coin guy gold and silver is my game so a little overwhelmed. Anyway, sorry for the novel and if you did take the time to read this and can help in anyway, please message me. It pull be greatly appreciated 🙏……

And to my brother, if some magical way you’re looking down and seeing this, know I love you and miss you so much everyday. I will get this set together if it’s the last thing I do or until my last breath is taken, I won’t ever stop looking and trying. I hope I can make you proud. I’ll make sure to give it to your daughters before I leave this earth and come see you wherever that may be.
Welcome and good luck!

Members online

Latest posts