Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Holy Crap - I'm an Idiot - Buxton 1/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
I busted a jumbo case of Bowman at release and set aside a Buxton card that I thought was the regular ice version. Basically a $10 - $15 card.

Decided to sift through some cards while watching the AS game and happened to come across said Buxton and noticed the color looked off. Turned it over and saw the 1/1 stamp. So I've had this card sitting around for 2 months with no clue.

Will be on eBay in the next day or two. Non-auto super just sold for $2200+ so this should be interesting. Surely won't go that high but should pay for the case!

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
It would be bad if you though about putting it on eBay or COMC as an ice card for $10-15. That person would had a steal...

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I busted a jumbo case of Bowman at release and set aside a Buxton card that I thought was the regular ice version. Basically a $10 - $15 card.

Decided to sift through some cards while watching the AS game and happened to come across said Buxton and noticed the color looked off. Turned it over and saw the 1/1 stamp. So I've had this card sitting around for 2 months with no clue.

Will be on eBay in the next day or two. Non-auto super just sold for $2200+ so this should be interesting. Surely won't go that high but should pay for the case!

Nice find Mike! I know you aren't usually quick to move what you bust, so this definitely worked out for you this time!

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
That's what happened to me with my Aroldis Chapman 1/1 white ice. Missed it when I busted the case, but when sorting the next morning I noticed the 1/1 stamp. Good times. :) Congrats and GLWS.

Moe@COMC

Jul 12, 2013
Redmond, WA
Well, not to toot our own horn, but if it had arrived at COMC, I'm pretty sure we'd have caught the 1/1 stamp on the back ;-)

It's still a sweet card, tho'... Congrats :)

Members online