Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002–03 Just Minors executive proofs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Update: As noted below (at post #9), the same seller also listed versions of the Justifiable black /50, and Just Prospects gold /500, that appear to be numbered x/50 and x/500. I've added photos of these to the post.

Does anyone have any information about these cards? According to the seller, they were executive proofs that were distributed to dealers/media; before they were listed on COMC a few months ago, I'd never seen or heard of them.

In particular, the 2002 Just Minors Justifiable set had a number of parallels: Base, silver, gold /1000, and black /50. The gold had "/1000" machine printed on the back, with the specific number added by hand in blue ink. The back also had a hologram. They looked like this (the auto is IP/TTM, not pack-issued):

f-7192.jpg b-7192.jpg

Around July, a COMC seller (DallasCardboys) uploaded close to a full set of golds—about 50 of the 60 cards. These lack a hologram, and the serial number appears to say "x/1000" (the "x" being in blue ink, the "/1000" being machine printed). I purchased the Jonny/Joey Gomes cards, the former of which is shown below. He said they're executive proofs and that probably fewer than 50 were made, then distributed to dealers and media. If anyone has more information, I'd be interested to hear it.

Front.jpgBack.jpg

Justifiable black front.jpgJustifiable black back.jpg

Just Prospects gold front.jpgJust Prospects gold back.jpg

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Dallascardboys is Dr James Beckett and his grandson FYI
Was going to say I heard the same thing when I saw seller listed. I think of the items that I have seen that I would have has interest in, they were priced at "High Beckett". That is a joke of course, but they definitely don't seem to believe in pricing at buyer deals for the most part.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Yeah he listed a number of Gomes cards, all priced above copies on eBay. I wasn’t planning on biting until I realized that these particular cards were unique.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Yeah he listed a number of Gomes cards, all priced above copies on eBay. I wasn’t planning on biting until I realized that these particular cards were unique.
Yep. Hit the BIN; if you offer, the prices go up.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Looking at his cards again, I think some others are also slightly different. The 2002 Just Minors Justifiable black /50, and the 2002 Just Minors Just Prospects gold /500, also appeared to be numbered x/50 and x/500, respectively. It's harder to tell, because on those cards the serial numbers are on holograms; he again listed nearly entire sets of these, however, and looking at several the serial numbers appear to be the same.

So, yep, I ended up biting on these ones too. To the points above I did put in offers (at the lowest possible amount, which was about 20% off) which he accepted. Still on the high side compared to the regular versions, although—if these are indeed proofs—I can't complain.

Members online

Latest posts