Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1952 topps red/ black backs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
my understanding is that the low numbers have these 2 diff versions. any differences in value? if you were building a set would you need one of each?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I know a few who built the set, in low grade raw condition and color was never a preference, just got what they needed or could. However, I could see where some would like a uniformed set. To me, it would not matter.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Funny thing, there were the same questions when 2001 Heritage came out. I think the consensus was similar about having a set of the blacks and a set of the reds didn't matter in the long run. Especially since neither version is shorter printed than the other.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
TNP777 said:
2001 Heritage, I had to have both versions. 1952, I'd take what I could get.

Same here, when i built my 52 i took what i could, when i put the htg together i did both black & red. From what i experienced about 10 years ago was the red backs were a little harder to find for me on the original 52's. I'd say mix is ok for a set :)

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
Back in the day when 52's were $1 each and yes there was a time that existed, Black Backs were considered to be tougher and thus were more expensive. With these cards now booking at $50 for low series cards, that price discrepancy is gone and red and black first series cards are now equally priced.

RIch

Members online

Latest posts