Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1940 PB Joe DiMaggio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angelafayes84

Oct 5, 2024
Tennessee
I have a 1940 Joe DiMaggio pb card. I was trying to see if anyone knew of it was authentic or not. I have had yes and nos both. But I’m skeptical of shipping off to find out if it is real. I have had it for years. Can you tell me what you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 24

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I know 1941s a lot better than 1940s but, to me, it looks off. While it may be the quality of your photos, it looks like the banner and glove and stuff on the front look like a brighter white than the rest of the border when they should be a uniform color. The photo appears extra fuzzy even in an unfocused photo, which would happen with a low-quality reproduction. The edges and corners are suspiciously sharp, which isn't really a red flag in itself but it's rare to find cards of that age in that condition. But my biggest problem is the text on the back, which appears to be a bold font. All other 1940s I'm looking at have a fairly lightweight typeface after the position/team line.

angelafayes84

Oct 5, 2024
Tennessee
I know 1941s a lot better than 1940s but, to me, it looks off. While it may be the quality of your photos, it looks like the banner and glove and stuff on the front look like a brighter white than the rest of the border when they should be a uniform color. The photo appears extra fuzzy even in an unfocused photo, which would happen with a low-quality reproduction. The edges and corners are suspiciously sharp, which isn't really a red flag in itself but it's rare to find cards of that age in that condition. But my biggest problem is the text on the back, which appears to be a bold font. All other 1940s I'm looking at have a fairly lightweight typeface after the position/team line.
The sleeve it’s in makes it look blurry i realize that. I don’t like taking it out too much cause i don’t want to touch it too many times. Better safe than sorry. But it has been in that sleeve for over 40 years that i know of. It has always been kept up and never left out.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Your best bet, if you have nobody close by to help in person, is to buy a cheap 40 PB online and compare the 2 when you get it.

Members online

Latest posts