Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

August 2024 Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Few additions over past few weeks, have been busy so late posting this month.

Paul O'Neill 1994 Topps Finest Peel Samples -- Test run according to article, enjoy stumbling on such oddities. Was not aware of this.

Paul-ONeill.jpgPaul-ONeillb.jpg

Paul O'Neill 2001 World Series First Pitch Signed Baseball and On-Field Away Jersey -- A lot with combined shipping came to about $100. These unsigned 2001 World Series baseballs alone go for $25-40 dollars. This comes with COA from O'Neills old website. The authentic on-field jersey was in my size and a nice bonus. I prefer the Majestic jerseys to today's Nike ones.

ball.jpgjersey.jpg

Paul O'Neill Batting Practice Game Used Jersey Late 90s -- For about $100 dollars shipped, took a shot on this auction. Likley game-used, there is no certificate, but I spotted the Steiner Hologram sticker on the authentic tag. Design and arm band consistent with late 90s. Would be an awesome item to get signed in person one day. Never owned an O'Neill jersey until this week, now I have two one being game used.

back.jpglabel.jpg

2001 Topps Chrome Traded Retrofractor #T266 Ichiro RC -- Wanted a singular Ichiro rookie for my collection, was torn between the Bowman Chrome and Topps. Decided on this flagship parallel. Stated run of 500, not extremely rare.

ichiroasmall.jpgichirobsmall.jpg

1993 Pinnacle Joe DiMaggio Autograph /1500 -- A card I've eyed for decades. A nice bonus is the numbering, 361 is his career home run total. Looking at Mantle prices, I'm always surprised these don't go for more.

jdfront.jpgjdback.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
082224-1.jpg
2006 Playoff Prestige Xtra Points Gold Dilfer - these aren't numbered, I have no idea how rare they are but I had never seen one before this popped up on eBay last week. Cost me a whole 2 bucks shipped.

082224-2.jpg
A new Mark Mulder auto, COLOR MATCH OMG!!!1111 The Dan Johnson is a 2006 Opening Day Red/2006 parallel...for whatever reason I hadn't been able to track this one down despite getting all other A's from the set years ago. Not sure if it was bad luck or this card was SPed. 2007 Bowman Chrome Jeff Baisley Gold Refractor gets my team set needs down to 4. And thank you to @MrMet2.0 for the cool Mason Miller Halloween parallel RC.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Here are a couple deals that were impulse buys after I had won something else from the same seller.

The Rose is a great looking card card to begin and the OPC version with the Phillies and trade notice is great. Its off condition, but was only $1.15. It goes well with an equally cool looking Carew OPC from the same set that I got before. As a kid, I loved AS badges and action shots and these two cards featured two of the greatest hitters of my youth and the OPC versions captured the new teams as well!

The sealed 1992 Traded set surprised me a bit. I fully expected to be outbid, as I didn't even try to snipe it. I won for $8.59. I remember when this was $100+. I am sure less than $9 is still a deal, but have no idea what the set typically sells for now, besides what mine sold for. Maybe that is market or I got lucky.

1.15.pngScreen Shot 2024-08-24 at 2.31.35 PM.png8.59.png

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It is rare for me to acquire a lineup card signed by a HOF manager that I do not already own, but a couple came to auction at Heritage Auctions and ended last night.

I was only able to acquire one of the two (the other was Mickey Cochrane), but it's a doozy.

May 26, 1935 lineup card from the St Louis Browns in their game against the Red Sox. Signed by HOF and all-time great Rogers Hornsby. Unusually for a lineup card, he signed his full name.

In my years of collecting lineup cards, I think this is the 3rd signed Hornsby I have ever seen. Excited to be able to acquire it.

Hornsby, Rogers - 1935 lineup card front.JPG

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
I picked this card up. Goes well with the twin I just bought. This one is a barrel of a redsox bat he used /5 ( the back of the card states it is from a redsox bat )
IMG_9337.jpeg
The other card I picked up a few months back also /5 and Is the barrel of a yankee bat. Not too many barrels of Ruth floating around so I grab them when I can since I can’t afford the whole nameplate barrel
IMG_9129.jpeg

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Very nice!

An acquaintance of mine has a Hornsby signed card, which his father had signed in person. Or maybe his uncle. I don't remember. But it has provenance. It was really cool to see and look at in-hand.

It is rare for me to acquire a lineup card signed by a HOF manager that I do not already own, but a couple came to auction at Heritage Auctions and ended last night.

I was only able to acquire one of the two (the other was Mickey Cochrane), but it's a doozy.

May 26, 1935 lineup card from the St Louis Browns in their game against the Red Sox. Signed by HOF and all-time great Rogers Hornsby. Unusually for a lineup card, he signed his full name.

In my years of collecting lineup cards, I think this is the 3rd signed Hornsby I have ever seen. Excited to be able to acquire it.

View attachment 358954

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Just one in the mail today. Been a slow month for sports cards but a huge month for non-sports.

2004 Fleer Platinum InScribed Randy Johnson /100 - This one gets me to 15 of 33 for my set build. It was a redemption so who knows if there are actually 100 or not.

I-RJ Randy Johnson.jpgI-RJ Randy Johnson Back.jpg

The non-sport this week is a set I've always wanted but never wanted to spend the money on.

1966 AB&C Gum Batman (British issue) - It's a rough copy overall but presents better then the scans make it look. It's well worth the $24 I spent on what was supposed to be a random lot of black bat labels and not a set.

1 - The Batman.jpg2 - Robin Boy Wonder.jpg27 - Sinister Smile.jpg36 - The Riddler.jpg

Members online

Latest posts