Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 "1990" ud stamped anniversary buy backs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I'm sure the 20th Ann Holo's are real and are from Upper Deck........... but after seeing Holos on theses (Fake)1989 Griffey Rookie Buy Backs from 2009............... someome got some Stickers from somewhere...........
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mnbamboozled/library/griffeys/no COA buybacks?sort=3&page=1

Those actually just look like generic "security" holograms with black type on top of them. Plus, I bet you could peel those off because of there being a "lip" from the sticker to the card. Both are unlike 90 UD buybacks, which are a true UD hologram and you cannot detect or feel a lip from the hologram to the card.

With all that said, those Griffeys truly make me curious as to what their story is?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Those actually just look like generic "security" holograms with black type on top of them. Plus, I bet you could peel those off because of there being a "lip" from the sticker to the card. Both are unlike 90 UD buybacks, which are a true UD hologram and you cannot detect or feel a lip from the hologram to the card.

With all that said, those Griffeys truly make me curious as to what their story is?
https://hitandruncards.wordpress.co...versary-of-iconic-ken-griffey-jr-rookie-card/

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
This thread is a real oldie and moldy. But I'm digging it up anyway.

I stumbled on a COMC seller "kinglarry" with 22 of these 1990/2010 20th anniversary hologram stamped cards for sale. I say stumbled because they're not listed as such, they're just listed with the normal 1990 UD cards. He accepted my offer, so I picked up the Alomar. Some good players here if anyone is interested...

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Pity he only listed the stars. How am I supposed to get my Hensley Meulens and Dann Howitt cards?
--
Digging thru my DMs, apparently he countered my initial offer and I have absolutely no memory of what happened next, aside from my not buying the cards, apparently. 12 years later, it was a perfectly reasonable counter...I guess I just didn't have as much disposable income back then.

Last edited:

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I have a Carlton Fisk from this set. Picked it up for $10 years ago when someone first broke the set on eBay.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Ty to @Pinbreaker for the heads up on the Clemens one. Strangely, the kinglarry seller had one and there was a 2nd from another seller in a CSG holder. Happy to report both sellers accepted lower offers and I have both headed this way for the price of a large pizza.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240725_163445_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240725_163445_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 13

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Glad you got those. I was hoping some people here would pick a few up.
When I looked at COMC for those, I was checking to see if there were any that collectors I know needed them. I saw the Clemens and instantly reached out.
I posted in a few other groups on FB about this thread so hopefully player collectors picked up their guy!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not directly related to this set, but related to the company...

I just got back from a week in Carsbad and remembered a few days before we were leaving that UD was headquartered there. I found it and did a drive by. I walked into the lobby and it was fairly sparse, much like a typical corporate office. Was hoping maybe there would be some cool historical displays but they really don't do anything special, although there was a Jordan signed jersey with a couple other things I didn't get close enough to identify and a large 2 story Jordan mural. The receptionist said no photography, so no images to share. All in all, a disappointing visit, but not unexpected. No dumpsters that I could see on the back side of the place. That was probably shut down many years go to avoid dumpster diving. About as fruitful as my Topps visit in Manhattan in 2022.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Not directly related to this set, but related to the company...

I just got back from a week in Carsbad and remembered a few days before we were leaving that UD was headquartered there. I found it and did a drive by. I walked into the lobby and it was fairly sparse, much like a typical corporate office. Was hoping maybe there would be some cool historical displays but they really don't do anything special, although there was a Jordan signed jersey with a couple other things I didn't get close enough to identify and a large 2 story Jordan mural. The receptionist said no photography, so no images to share. All in all, a disappointing visit, but not unexpected. No dumpsters that I could see on the back side of the place. That was probably shut down many years go to avoid dumpster diving. About as fruitful as my Topps visit in Manhattan in 2022.
Glad to see you were down in my area. Last time I was near there was to play golf @ https://thecrossingsatcarlsbad.com/.

I need to get back down there to get a club fitting at Callaway Golf which happens to be in Carlsbad as well. :)

Members online

Latest posts