Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

July 2024 Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This isn't exactly epic, but I couldn't resist sharing it.

K-Rod /20. I like this for a few reasons, first being I tried to get as many 67s signed as I could get. next, it's a Tigers card and I have a weird affection for older Tigers cards, plus he only played with them briefly at the very end of his career. Lastly, I have his autograph already, but they were not easy to find before, at least none in the bargain bins!
KRod 20.png

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
This isn't exactly epic, but I couldn't resist sharing it.

K-Rod /20. I like this for a few reasons, first being I tried to get as many 67s signed as I could get. next, it's a Tigers card and I have a weird affection for older Tigers cards, plus he only played with them briefly at the very end of his career. Lastly, I have his autograph already, but they were not easy to find before, at least none in the bargain bins!
View attachment 358001

Nice card! The way the auto lines up directly above the facsimile makes it look particularly nice.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
These all came in June but I'm finally getting around to taking pictures.

S2 City Connect Relics. 2 out of 3 got creased during shipping. The gamble you take with PWE shipping.

View attachment 357985

View attachment 357986

View attachment 357987

Some S2 Golds

View attachment 357988

View attachment 357989

View attachment 357990

Higgy Golden Mirror SSP

View attachment 357991

Higgy Heritage Black Border

View attachment 357992

Ohtani Leaf Metal Anime Nation

View attachment 357993
Sellers need to stop using the ebay bs pwe shipping! They do not have enough brains to think that a thick game used card wont get creased. They always use the same excuse " I never had a problem before " LIAR! Just drives me nutz!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
070724-1.jpg
Here's a big pickup, 1995 Upper Deck Special Edition Gold Rickey Henderson. This was in Series 2 so it's quite a bit tougher than Series 1 cards, though not as difficult as the Series 2 Electric Golds from retail. I believe this was the last MLB pack-issued A's card I needed from 1995, which would be the last year possible to complete since I can't afford a 1996 Mirror Gold McGwire and after that 1/1's appear. I do still need to track down a 1995 Crash the All-Star Game McGwire, but that wasn't issued in packs. And if you want to get really crazy and count the different corner variations for the 1995 Score Gold Rush Pinnacle punched cards...well those weren't pack-issued, either.

070724-2.jpg
Random goodies. Damon gets me 5 away from the 2002 Topps Chrome Black Refractor/50 team set. The Cespedes is a Gypsy Queen "Wood" Mini 1/5. And the Barnes/Hart is a 2001 Fleer Platinum Parallel SP 21/21, only need a couple more of those.

070724-3.jpg
A bundle of Team Color border cards from Series 2.

070724-4.jpg
Some more recent goodies.

070724-5.jpg
Thank you again to @Philip J. Fry for sending along some new A's cards I didn't have.

070724-6.jpg
Lastly, I picked up some cards for my Xavier Nady collection.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
View attachment 358130

Here's a big pickup, 1995 Upper Deck Special Edition Gold Rickey Henderson. This was in Series 2 so it's quite a bit tougher than Series 1 cards, though not as difficult as the Series 2 Electric Golds from retail. I believe this was the last MLB pack-issued A's card I needed from 1995, which would be the last year possible to complete since I can't afford a 1996 Mirror Gold McGwire and after that 1/1's appear

Well done sir!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
070924-1.jpg
1997 Select Artist's Proof Canseco completes the team set...I think I only have a few '90s A's Artist's Proofs remaining. 1999 UD Ovation Standing Ovation/500 Grieve completes the small 3-card team set. This one was very difficult to find for some reason. We all know how strangely tough the 1998 (and 1999) Stadium Club First Day/200 cards are, and this Brad Rigby drops my set needs down to 2 cards. 2004 Fleer Showcase Legacy/99 Miguel Tejada finishes that team set as well.

070924-2.jpg
Some more 2024 Series 2 stuff. Love the '89 All-Star autos.

070924-3.jpg
A huge score from eBay. With the 2009 Topps Target Vintage/Retro/Gray Back parallels, Series 1 isn't too tough but Series 2 and Update are super hard to find. Prior to last week I still needed 17 A's cards and was finding maybe 1 per year on average. During my monthly deep dive needs search I stumbled across a listing for a ton of the 2009 Target parallels from all series for a buck each. I managed to nab seven I needed at once, bringing my current needs down to 10 cards.

If anybody has needs from these sets go check out the eBay listings:
2009 Topps Target Series 2
2009 Topps Target Update

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
A little over 30 years ago, my dad was cleaning out his old bedroom at my grandparents house and found his stack of baseball cards. He mailed them to me and asked me to keep them for my own collection.

A few days later, they finally arrived (1969 Topps mostly) and so I sat down with the cards and the latest Beckett magazine and went through each card. Most were commons, nothing too special, but at least I had some vintage to add to my collection.

The second to last card in the stack, however, made me do a few double takes before I realized what I had. A 1969 Topps Reggie Jackson RC, in all its 1969 photography glory, staring back at me.

Long story short, it was stolen from me, along with my Jose Canseco RC, sometime later that summer. I was upset and hurt, mainly because the card came from my dad and I knew at that time I’d never be able to replace it.

While I’m sure he’s forgotten about all of that, I’ve never forgiven myself for letting that card get stolen. So, I finally found a decent copy for a relatively fair price and since his 73rd birthday is in 2 weeks, I’m going to gift this to him.

IMG_5571.jpeg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am not sure if 74 was the first year to do the buyback autograph MVP cards in Heritage. I think it might have been and they did it again this year with Lynn, but Morgan had already died. Next year it's impossible for either MVP. I know that not everyone was alive or obtainable before and the further back you go, the tougher it gets, but moving forward from 1974 isn't easy either. Both Burroughs and Garvey are still kicking though and had to show this, since it completes the pair, having snagged Garvey shortly after the issue was released.

These are numbered to 74 copies.
Burroughs 74 mrm.png

Oddly enough, a 2nd Ranger came in. I love the 76 set and didn't even recall Fielder going to Texas, so when I saw this, I wanted one. Only 16 copies though...

Fielder 16 mrm.png

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts