Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
This seems like a good one to have acquiredView attachment 357339

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That one was only available via mail-in offer (which is why is has no tabs at the bottom). I have it in the entire team set :) SWEET. If you got the one with a real autograph (not the facsimile)... that was the Grand Prize (1of1). I wish that would surface so I could see what it looks like and if it even exists.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
That one was only available via mail-in offer (which is why is has no tabs at the bottom). I have it in the entire team set :) SWEET. If you got the one with a real autograph (not the facsimile)... that was the Grand Prize (1of1). I wish that would surface so I could see what it looks like and if it even exists.

Hard to believe only 14 of the facsimile have ever been graded. Never a 10, only (7) 9’s. Wonder what the PR of these were, but must be low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Hey if anyone wants a cheap serial numbered card (SN125) with Rickey having a guest appearance on the front, use this as search text in ebay: "2003 Upper Deck MVP Gold Brandon Phillips #61". Happy hunting :)

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'll give you another one that is hard to come by (SN25) and with a relatively cheap starting bid. If you want to see a card with Rickey as an "honorable mention" on the back, search ebay for "Carl Crawford 2005 Playoff Prestige Xtra Bases" (which I think is ebay Item # 196436373378). Good luck!

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'll give you another fun Rickey guest appearance, on a relatively low serial numbered card: Search "1999 Upper Deck Exclusives #66 Ray Durham" on ebay. The current bid is low and shipping is low. I already have this one, so won't be bidding it up. Happy hunting :)

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Oooh... check this out. In going through my rolodex of pictures and synching it to my checklist, I found a Rickey that does not appear on any official checklist (at least none that I could find). 2004 Donruss Diamond Kings #153 Sepia - DK Signatures Framed Platinum Grey (1of1). Rickey had many variations of the DK Combos (an autograph combined with a jersey and bat relic) in the set, but if when trying to find this (just an autograph... no relics) on a checklist... I couldn't find it.

Ihave pictures of the Sepia DK Combos variation for the Framed Gold, Framed Platinum Black, Framed Platinum White, and Framed Silver (all of which have relics in addition to the auto). Is it possible that this is an error card, and SHOULD have relics in the lower corners, but they forgot to add them to the card?
04 Donruss Diamond Kings #153 sepia Framed Platinum Grey Auto (1of1) f.jpg

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
The mystery one is also a black sharpie (all others in the set are blue) AND he added a #24 to the auto (which he didn't do for any other). Intriguing... (although I am probably too intrigued by a genuine Donruss processing screwup)

Members online

Latest posts