A few weeks ago I wrote some random thoughts on the passing scene. The article got some good comments and discussion, so here are some more thoughts. There are more Lebron shirts like the one above, here, I can’t blame the guy for leaving but sometimes outrage is indeed funny.
1. Joey Votto was everyone’s favorite pick for the last man award. After his statements about Marlon Byrd’s great play in the all-star game he is also a shoo-in for the last man award when it comes to class. I hope someone reminds him of this if the Reds make the W.S. His comments were not a referendum on the Cubs (who by the way aren’t even in the race), they were just dumb, eh?
2. You’ve probably heard the words bail out used more in the past 24 months than you had in the rest of your life. Well, guess what, even one the richest athletes in the world get them sometimes. Lebron did, just after “The Decision” Lebron’s moronic choices about how to announce his free agency were immediately overshadowed by several parties.
#1 – the Cavaliers owner who wrote an idiotic letter to all the fans that he upset by not signing anyone half decent to help Lebron all these years. My favorite snippet was this:
In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: “I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”
You can take it to the bank.
ALL CAPS ALWAYS MAKES IT ALL GOOD. Anyone who believes this assertion, Cavaliers fan or otherwise, needs to rush themselves to the hospital and have their head checked. They may have inhaled fumes from a burning Lebron jersey. I’m sure Delonte West will lead them into battle, literally – he is clearly locked and loaded! (Sidebar: Dan Gilbert is clearing going for the Pat Riley hairdo and Lebron shall from this day forward be known as Benedict Arnold – I knew there was something to the Red(coats) in the Heat’s colors)
#2 – Speaking of the burning Lebron jersey, Michael Wilbon showed it to Lebron during an interview and asked him what he thought of it? Really? I’m sure he’s feeling just ducky. The Booyah Network took its cues from TMZ during this whole debacle and that doesn’t earn them a “booyah” from me.
#3 – Jesse Jackson – we won’t even get into his assertions. He ought to go by the following catch phrase now though – Jesse Jackson, making all other lunatics look sane.
3. Since we are in the NBA vein of thought, if you like reading about draft projections check out this website, it is updated frequently and has some good information.
4. As a person who primarily focuses his baseball card collecting energies on prospecting seeing the abundance of young talent in the big leagues is simply awesome. The most recent evidence of this being David Price and Ubaldo Jimenez starting the All-Star game.
5. Long waits between prospect products stink, 2010 Bowman was so much fun and now we have to wait for months. Here I thought amusement parks were bad.
All thoughts are just my opinion of course…